This course has been designed to meet the minimum standard for Working at Height Training for Supervisors, Assessors and Managers in Singapore, as recommended in the WSH (Work at Heights) Regulations 2013 and the Approved Code of Practice for Working Safely at
Height (2011). The course is for anyone involved in the supervision, planning/assessment or management of work at height activities.
The provisions under the Regulations regarding the roles of the various personnel under the PTW system still apply
This course is accredited by the Learning Service Providers (LSP). The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) has requires learning service providers to attain the ISO 29990:2010 Learning Service Provider (LSP) certification as part of the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) training.
The ISO 29990:2010 LSP certification is administered by the Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC) through its Certification Bodies (CBs) and will replace the MOM Accredited Training Provider (ATP) Scheme.
• Identify, explain and apply the relevant WSH Legislations / Approved Code of Practices / Singapore Standards applicable to Work-at-Heights
• Identify and explain the Roles & Responsibilities of Stakeholders, Competent Person and Responsible Person
• Identify hazards, evaluate the risk, and implement control measures for WAH activities
• Review the necessary fall preventive / protective control measures for safe execution of WAH activities
• Establish, evaluate, review and implement a Fall Prevention Plan
• Establish and implement a system for an effective monitoring and control of WAH risks
• Demonstrate competency in donning, checking and correcting of Individual Fall Protection Equipment and First Response to a fall emergency
Who should attend
• Persons involved in supervision, the planning / assessment and / or management of “Work-at-Height” activities.
Mode of Assessment:
Written Test, Practical Performance
• A 100% course attendance record
• At least a 70% pass rate for the theory assessment
• A 100% pass rate for the practical assessment
• It is highly recommended that all learners undertaking this course have an ESS WPLN Level 4 and above, or equivalent and be able to carry out hazards identification, risk assessment, and risk control measures. Difficulties with course material comprehension and assessment completion may result otherwise.
• It is also highly recommended that all learners undertaking this course shall be physically fit so as to complete all practical activities.