The SSIC-PT is a mandatory WSH training course for all workers working in the shipbuilding and ship repairing industry.
The Workplace Safety and Health (Shipbuilding and Ship-repairing) Regulations 2008 Reg. 6 (2) stipulates that “It shall be the duty of every person not to carry out any hazardous work in a shipyard or on board a ship in a harbour unless he has undergone a safety and health training
course approved by the Commissioner for Workplace Safety and Health.”
This course is accredited by the Learning Service Providers (LSP). The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) has requires learning service providers to attain the ISO 29990:2010 Learning Service Provider (LSP) certification as part of the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) training.
The ISO 29990:2010 LSP certification is administered by the Singapore Accreditation Council (SAC) through its Certification Bodies (CBs) and will replace the MOM Accredited Training Provider (ATP) Scheme.
2.5 hours including 10 mins of assessment
• Introduction to Shipyard Safety Instruction Course for Workers (Painters Trade)
• Understand fire and explosion hazards & safety measures
• Understand airless spraying hazards and safety measures
• Understand health hazards and preventive measures
• Know the proper usage of Personal protective equipment
• Understand safe storage of paints and solvents on board vessels
• Know Vessel Safety Coordination Committee (VSCC) Meetings
• Understand Permit-to-work system – Application for a painting permit
• Know Worker’s safety checklist for painting works
Mode of Assessment:
10 mins Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) test.
• The passing mark for the assessment is 60%.
• 100% attendance
The learner must have completed and passed the Shipyard Safety Instruction Course for Workers (General Trade) to be eligible to attend this course.