As per the Committee for Private Education (CPE) advisory, all Private Education Institutions (PEI) including Avanta will be undertaking additional measures to enhance your protection against the current Coronavirus infection - COVID-19.
At Avanta, the well-being of our staff, trainers, learners, and members of the public is our utmost concern.
1. Our staff, trainers and learners are strongly advised to avoid travelling to Hubei province in China, and to defer all non-essential travel to the rest of mainland China.
2. Travel declaration is required by all staff, trainers and learners who have travelled or will be travelling between 14 January to 31 March 2020. Please download the Travel Declaration Forms below:
• For Avanta Staff and Trainers, please click here
• For Learners, please click here
3. Please note that a 14-day Leave of Absence (LOA) applies to all Avanta staff, trainers and learners returning from China from 14 January 2020 onwards. The LOA starts from the day of arrival in Singapore from China.
4. All staff, trainers and learners who have returned from China are to monitor their temperature daily. Those who are unwell should visit a doctor immediately and declare their travel history. If they have a fever or respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, runny nose, shortness of breath), they should wear a surgical mask and call the clinic ahead of their visit.
We recognise that these precautionary measures may result in inconvenience. However, they are being put in place to protect you and your loved ones. If you have fever, cough or running nose or recovering from illness, you should wear a mask. Please refer to Gov.sg's infographics below on how to correctly wear a mask. Stay updated on the latest situation on Ministry of Health website.